These breathing techniques can help you turn down your response to stress through the day. Breath focus helps with nearly all of them.
First, I want to congratulate you on taking the next step to increase your human functionality and performance.
Whether you’re a long-time business owner or an aspiring entrepreneur, there’s no doubt you’ve got a million things on your plate including sales meetings, admin tasks, travel – you name it. That being said, it can become all too easy to neglect your health and wellness.
Now, many of you are already set in your fitness routines. However, I want to enhance your results even further, by providing you with a simple breathing guide, that will help generate a clear mind and vision throughout the day.
Leave the excuses at the door. Take time to invest in your health.
Muscle Tension Release
Keep this simple. Exactly how it sounds, is exactly how it’s performed. As you inhale, you want to bring your muscles into contraction (tight and engaged), then as you exhale; your breath should be hard and long.
- Step 1: Pick a body part you want to relax.
- Step 2: Grip that body part with one hand.
- Step 3: Inhale and begin to make a fist with your other hand, to increase tension in muscle. (You will feel your body start to shake, be careful not to overexert your energy).
- Step 4: Exhale as much as you can, counting to 5. Allow your limbs to feel loose and free.
- Step 5: Continue until your muscle has released all of it’s pressure.
- Step 6: Examine the difference between muscle tension and release.
It is important to focus on one muscle group at a time to allow full relaxation. Once you have released full breathe, relax for 10-20 seconds, then pick another muscle group to work through this technique.